https://i0.wp.com/liveonthebay.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/collingwood-real-estate-aerial.jpg?fit=1024%2C683&ssl=1 683 1024 Jill Does https://liveonthebay.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/logo-200.png Jill Does2015-07-15 20:37:122017-12-14 21:42:39Top 10 reasons to move to Collingwood
Top 10 reasons to move to Collingwood
Why you should consider living in Collingwood?
Are you thinking about moving to the Collingwood area? It is a fantastic place to live, with a relaxed outdoor lifestyle balanced by great restaurants & shopping. Here are the top ten reasons to move to Collingwood;
- Fresh Air & Clean Water – The second you step outside you will feel the difference…. Fresh air, even on hot summer days smog is not a concern. The water is also clean & fresh. The beach at Wasaga Beach has been awarded the Blue Flag designation, an eco-label awarded to beaches in 49 countries, and just 24 beaches in Canada.
- Affordable house prices…. half the price of the GTA! According to the Toronto Real Estate Board the average price for a single family home in the GTA in April 2015 was $635,932, during the same time period a single family home in the town on the Collingwood real estate market was $334,067.
- Outdoor Adventure –While driving around town on any given Summer day, you will see roof racks loaded down with bicycles or kayaks. On any given winter day, you will see those same roof racks loaded down with skis and snowboards. You’ll soon realize the people of Collingwood live and play outside.
- Great Schools – Collingwood has some of the highest rated schools in Simcoe county, Public, Separate & Private both English & French. They are also planning new specialized schools like Notre-Dame-de-la-Huronie.
- Top Rated Golf Courses -Collingwood is has several top rated golf courses all within a 15 minute drive. Monterra Golf, Batteaux Creek Golf Club, OslerBrook Golf and Country Club, The Georgian Bay Club, and Lora Bay Golf Club are second to none.
- Sailing and Boating – The Collingwood area has many Marinas to chose from, Ruperts Landing, Cranberry Resort, Thornbury Marina and the Collingwood Downtown Harbour Front. The latter has big plans of revitalization of the water front, that will drive the Market up in the near future.
- Cycling Trails – Whether it’s casual bike ride on the Georgian Bay Trail or an extreme Down hill at Blue Mountain, you will not find a better variety of places to go biking to suit all skill levels.
- Living on Georgian Bay – Georgian Bay is one on Ontario’s most photographed bodies of water, for good reason. There are several enclaves of homes scattered along its beautiful shoreline, from Craigleigth to the North, and Blue Shores to the South, there is a home to suit you waterfront living dreams.
- Shopping & Restaurants – Collingwood’s quaint downtown has beautiful shops, boutiques and delicious restaurants. With highend clothing, sporting goods & home decor, specialty stores featuring cheese, olive oil, meat & desserts and finally restaurants with menues you’d find in downtown Toronto, people from all the neighbouring towns come to eat & shop here.
- The People – It might sound cliché but its true. As you walk downtown, in the parks or on the water, the people are friendly, greeting you with a smile and a friendly hello. Its hard to beat its small town charm & outdoor lifestyle with all the amenities.
If you are trying to decide if Collingwood is right for you, spend the weekend and enjoy everything there is to offer. It wont be long before you know what the locals know… it’s awesome here. SO much to offer in all four seasons. Call us today at 705-331-3341 to book a Collingwood Real Estate showing.
– Collingwood Real Estate
Real Estate Sales Representative
Royal LePage Trinity Realty